Bezout reading group 2013-2014
Purpose. The Bezout reading group meets every monday at 10:30 in room 4B084 for discussion on topics related to algorithms, combinatorics, geometry...
Schedule. The tentative schedule for 2013-2014 is:
Pool of topics for future meetings: VC dimension, simplicial homology, discrepancy, algorithms based on inclusion-exclusion...
- November 4, 2013: crash course on simplicial complexes (Xavier Goaoc)
- November 12, 2013: crash course on matroids (Frederic Meunier).
- November 18, 2013: no meeting
- November 25th, 2013: no meeting
- December 2nd, 2013: the union-closed sets conjecture (Arnaud Carayol)
- December 9th, 2013: break due to the AERES visit
- December 16th, 2013: dichotomy for CSP problems (Johan Thapper)
- January 6th, 2014: kernel methods in parameterized complexity (Stephane Vialette)
- January 13th, 2014: epsilon-nets (1) (Nabil Mustafa)
- January 27th, 2014: epsilon-nets (2) (Nabil Mustafa)
- (long break)
- May 19th, 2014: An introduction to geometric group theory (Romain Dujardin, LAMA)
- May 26th, 2014: The decidability of the finiteness of groups generated by certain Mealy automata (Ines Kliman, LIAFA)